What is Google traffic estimator?
Google Adwords traffic estimator is a tool that helps the advertisers to estimate the traffic for a certain keyword that they will be using in their Adwords campaign. The tool also estimates the other important data including the total costs. However, it is important to note that all the results are rough estimates which sometimes may differ lot from the actual results.
How to Use Google Adwords Traffic Estimator?
Using Google Adwords traffic Estimator is any easy process. Here’s how you can do that.
- Sign into your Adwords Account. Click on ‘Tools and Analysis’ Tab and then click on ‘Traffic Estimator’ just below ‘Keyword Tool’.
- After that, target your audience. You can target your audience on the basis of location, language and Networks.
- Under Location, you can choose the country, region, states, cities and territories. If your business is only for a particular city or region, then your campaign is going to be small, then you have to wisely choose the location. Then under language, choose the language your target audience mostly uses. And then finally under networks, choose networks. If your campaign is small and you want to show your ads less, then you can choose just the Google Network and if your campaign is big and want to cover a big audience, you can choose Google Search and Partners Network.
- Now after you have targeted your audience, start entering the keywords. Or if you have made the list, you can also upload the file, just on the right side.
- Then click on get estimates to get the rough estimates. You can get the estimated for Clicks, Impressions and CPC in the form of a graph. You can also get the estimates by entering maximum CPC and your daily budget, just below the graph. The results are shown in the table.
- Another step is adding the Negative Keywords. The optimal use of Negative keywords can not only save your money but also keeps away the customers who are not interested in your products. This makes your ad campaign more successful and economic. To add the keywords, just click on Negative Keywords below the table. Enter the negative keywords separated by comma and then click on get estimates.
After this you get the results. If you are satisfied with the results, then you can use that particular data in the real campaign. And if you are not comfortable, you can then make the necessary changes. For example: if your cost comes too high, you can select the keywords for which the competition is comparatively low.
If your traffic is too low, then you can increase the budget and look for more competitive keywords. These are the few steps to successfully use the Google Adwords Traffic Estimator.
Why use Google AdWords Traffic Estimator?
This tool can be very helpful for the advertisers to get an idea how their ads will perform. Also, they can make the necessary changes by foreseeing the results. Here are other reasons why advertisers shouldn’t miss this tool while planning for an ad campaign.
- To get the ideas of budget and bids: Advertisers need to know that whatever they are expecting to do should be in their budget. And to do that, this tool can easily help.
- To organize keywords: Whenever advertisers can know that the particular keywords they are using are not yielding the results they expected, they can always change them with the help of this tool. Also, advertisers can use the same keywords in multiple ad groups, compare with the performance of keywords used in another campaign on so on. That said, this tool can help advertisers tweak their keywords, compare the performance and organize them in every possible way.
- To practice an ad campaign: When you have no experience in a field, it is difficult to try new things in that field. Whenever someone is new to Adwords campaign, he/she need not to fear to create an ad campaign. Because this tool is what advertisers can try out to have a firsthand experience. This tool, in a sense, is a practice platform for newbie advertisers.
Whenever advertisers are creating an ad campaign, they need not to miss this wonderful free tool. It can not only guide them through their way, but also can help in successfully conducting the campaign.