Few days ago Facebook launched a new search tool “Facebook Graph Search”. What this tool is exactly featured? Creativity is coming day by day especially in search engines. Now what’s new is in Facebook graph search? This new Facebook Graph search is specifically about to know more about your friends. Yeah if you want to know more about your friends then this is the best search tool ever. Facebook Graph Search can help you in search something more about anything you want to know.
It can create threatening situations for users like:
- “Current employers of people who like Racism”
- “Spouses of married people who like [cheat-on-your-partner dating site] Ashley Madison”
- “Family members of people who live in China and like [the very very banned] Falun Gong”
- “Islamic men interested in men who live in Tehran, Iran”
- “People who like Focus on the Family [anti gay marriage] and Neil Patrick Harris [very gay and due to be married with kids]”
- “Single women who live nearby and who are interested in men and like Getting Drunk”
- “Mothers of Catholics from Italy who like Durex”
Don’t think that because of this tool private information is coming out. You can analyse that people were already sharing such info. Only the difference is earlier these details are harder to expose but now with the help of Facebook Graph Search these are easy to access. Currently Facebook Graph Search is in beta version, you can request an invite at the bottom of the invitation page.
About Facebook Tom Scott said, “I’m not sure I’m making any deeper point about privacy: I think, at this point, we’re basically all just rubbernecking – myself included. Facebook does have good privacy settings: but there are many, many people who don’t know how to use them!”
Consumer privacy expert Justin Brookman of the Center for Democracy and Technology uttered, “People are confused about their settings. Facebook has changed them so many times. If you haven’t locked down your privacy settings before, you should do it now. There’s a lagging awareness as to whether information should be public in the first place. The positive result of all this, though, is that people are becoming less and less stupid about information sharing. We’re catching up and we’re getting better.”
When personal details will be exposed unintentionally may be then people get to know the exact way of using setting perfectly. Until then it is just like a game.