Google just announced that now you can create Product Listing ads from your Google merchant center account. Product Listing Ads are the best platform to get the Google Shopping experience. Product Listing Ads include basic product information like product price, image and merchant name. This product listing ads are basically beneficial for E-commerce website.
How Product Listing Ads Work
When somebody search for a particular product then Google will show the most relevant product listing ads on search and Google shopping and ads will have the product image, price and name. So Product Listing Ads are more beneficial than text ads because it showing the related product to the visitors with best price. Product Listing Ads are charging as similar to text ads means CPC and CPA. To create Product Listing Ads, you’ll need to have an AdWords account and a Merchant Center account.
How To Create Product Listing Ads
To create your product listing ads first of all you have to link your Google Merchant center and AdWords account. For this just login to your merchant center > Settings > AdWords, now enter your AdWords CID and click on Add.
To set up product listing ads for a new campaign, follow these steps:
- Login to AdWords account
- Create a new Search network campaign
- Select Product Listing Ads as your Campaign type
- Select your targeting Options and enter your bid and budgets
- Under Ad extensions > Products, check the box “Extend my ads with relevant product details from Google Merchant Center.”
- Select a linked Google Merchant Center account on Select Extension
- Click Save and continue.
- On next page name your ad group and under “Create an ad” select create product listing ad
- Under the auto targets check on “All products: Show my product listing ads automatically for search terms related to all products in my Google Merchant center feed”
- Now Click Save ad group and That’s it.
Google also announced an offer for those who create Product Listing Ads by August 15, 2012. Find out more about the Google offer here.